10.00 – 10.10 h : Welcome by Jade Verrept, eu.reca vzw
10.10 – 11.00 h :
• "Lessons we learned from the current pandemic related to a healthy indoor climate: the sense and nonsense about ventilation, CO2 meters and air purification." Dr. Marianne Stranger, VITO.
• “How Covid-19 spreads through the air: understanding the transmission to mitigate the risk”. Prof. Dr. Giorgio Buonanno, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy.
• “An overview of the existing air purification technologies and the scientific evidence in view of Covid-19.” Hannu Salmela, Technical Research Centre of Finlan
11.00 – 11.45 h : A debate on air purification technologies. Is air purification effective? Which parameters are relevant in validating air purification techniques? Which techniques are available and do they provide adequate safety? Can we rely on air purification to replace other protective measures?
• Prof. dr. Erika Vlieghe (University Hospital Antwerp, Chairman GEMS expert group)
• Prof. dr. Giorgio Buonanno (University of Cassino and Southern Lazio)
• Dr. Hanna Leppanen, (Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare)
• Hannu Salmela, (Technical Research Centre of Finland)
• Dr. Wouter Arrazola de Oñate (medical director Association for Respiratory Health and Tuberculosis Control- VRGT)
• Agentschap Zorg en Gezondheid
Moderator : dr Marianne Stranger (VITO)
11.45 - 12.15 h : Q&A